Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, simply making a few modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you most probably choose many food items out of habit. As an example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out its sugar content. Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a regular part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup recipe. To make hodge-podge "clean out the fridge" chicken soup you need 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- Provide of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- Take of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- Use of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- Use of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- You need of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- You need 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- Take of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- Provide of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Instructions to make Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup:
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
If you find this Hodge-Podge "Clean Out the Fridge" Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.