Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack many people take for granted. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the greatest idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you’ll be able to reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious minerals and vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an easy way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a yummy snack.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe. To cook caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) you only need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Provide 1 medium of fryer chicken(whole).
- Use 6 cup of water.
- Get 1 medium of chayote squash.
- You need 4 large of carrots.
- Take 1 large of green plantain.
- Get 2 large of white potatoes.
- Take 1 large of yuka.
- Take 3 small of roma tomatoes.
- Get 2 medium of zucchini squash.
- Use 1 large of sweet vidalia onion.
- Prepare 2 of ears of fresh corn.
- Take 1 bunch of fresh cilantro or culantro.
- Provide 1 dash of salt to taste.
- You need 1 dash of pepper to taste.
- Provide 3 tbsp of chicken bouillon ( prefer knorr ).
Instructions to make Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew):
- Prep chicken by cutting into quarters and applying salt/pepper. Set aside..
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large soup/stock pot..
- Quarter the onion and add to the oil to sweat, once onion has become transparent add chicken to pot and brown on all sides..
- Once chicken is browned add enough water to cover the chicken by about a inch, add chicken bouillon and a pinch of salt. Stir well and bring to a boil..
- After 5 minutes of boiling reduce heat to a simmer and cover to cook. 30 minutes or untill EXTREMELY tender..
- While chicken is cooking prep the veggies for the soup..
- Peel yuka and slice in one inch rounds, set aside in large bowl..
- Clean corn and slice cob to 2 inch thick pieces, add to bowl with yuka..
- Peel chayote cut in half and remove pitt with a spoon, cut into medium / large chunks. Add to bowl..
- Clean potatoes well and cut into large chunks. ( quarter for small potatoes) add to bowl..
- Clean zucchini squash and slice into 1 inch rounds, place in bowl..
- Peel carrots and slice into 2 inch rounds. Place in bowl..
- Clean tomatoes, quarter tomatoes and place in bowl..
- Peel GREEN plantain slice into one inch rounds. NOTE: MUST BE GREEN HARD PLANTAINS NOT YELLOW..
- Chop cilantro including stems reserve half for garnish..
- Add all veggies and cilantro except for the zuchinni squash to the pot..
- Add enough water just to cover the veggies. Add more salt/ bouillon to taste. Cover tightly and cook on medium high heat for about 15-20 minutes untill potatoes and carrots are tender..
- Add zuchinni for the last 10 minutes..
- Serve this amazing stew with fresh chopped onion,cilantro, and lime wedges for garnish..
- Go one step further and serve with fresh corn tortillas!.
- Enjoy! Hope you love it as much as I do!.
If you find this Caldo de pollo ( carribean style chicken soup/stew) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.