Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sheree's grandma's chicken and rice bake (copycat) recipe. To cook sheree's grandma's chicken and rice bake (copycat) you need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat):
- Use of Grandma's Chicken and Rice Filling.
- Use 2 cup of baked chicken..can use canned or rotisserie chicken.
- Provide 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. not SALAD DRESSING!!!.
- Take 1 can of broccoli and cheese soup.
- Get 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Use 1 cup of broccoli (frozen).
- Get 1 can of sliced carrots.
- Take 2 cup of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chicken broth or milk (optional).
- Prepare of topping.
- Provide 1 cup of corn flakes (crushed).
- You need 4 tbsp of butter, melted.
- You need of if baking a chicken.
- You need 4 of leg quarters.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground thyme.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of season salt (like Lawry's).
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, minced.
- Take 1/4 cup of onion, minced.
- Provide 1 cup of bell pepper (green, red, and yellow) I use frozen… its cheaper.
Steps to make Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat):
- Basically I use leg quarters because I love the taste better. The thighs can be deboned before cooking. This meal is a perfect (FREEZER CASSEROLE)..
- If you are using pre-cooked chicken go to step #5.
- If FREEZING do not add CORN FLAKES or BUTTER. It will be soggy..
- IF YOU ARE BAKING YOUR OWN CHICKEN…. Put 4 leg quarters in a large bowl. Put everything on the chicken in the bowl. Use the ingredients listed for baking only. Rub all the spices into chicken by hand. Place in a baking dish cover with foil and cook at 375° for 1 1/2 hours. Take it out and open the foil and allow to cool. I use the baking broth mixed with the soups for flavor..
- Put all ingredients for the casserole in a baking dish… I use disposable aluminum pans when I freeze this. If you use pre cooked chicken add about 1/2 cup of milk to mix soups..
- Mix well put the crushed corn flakes on top and drizzle melted butter on top..
- Bake casserole uncovered… For 35-40 minutes at 350°..
- If frozen allow to thaw before baking..
If you find this Sheree's Grandma's Chicken and Rice Bake (Copycat) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.