Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Treats.
We all know that eating healthy foods can help us truly feel better in our bodies. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A salad tends to make us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). This is usually a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. Sometimes people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the best idea. Low fat yogurt would make a wonderful snack, however. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help manage the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Easy hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy tomato basil soup recipe. You can have creamy tomato basil soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Provide 2 tbs of butter.
- Get 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 of medium onion – chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- Get 2 (14.5 oz) of cans whole tomatoes – drained.
- Take 6 cups of tomato juice.
- You need 4-6 tbs of granulated sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of chicken soup base (or 2 cubes bullion).
- Get 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide to taste of sea salt.
- Provide 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Get of Optional garnishes (per bowl).
- Provide 1 tsp of chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 3-4 of seasoned croutons.
- Provide 2 tsp of shredded mozzarella or parmesan.
- Prepare of couple dashes Tabasco sauce.
- You need of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide pinch of cayenne powder or smoked paprika.
Instructions to make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in a 3 to 4 quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent. About 5 – 7 minutes..
- Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add drained cans of whole tomatoes. Cover and pulse until you have a coarse puree. Note: You may want to vent the lid slightly so steam doesn't pop the lid off..
- Transfer puree back to stockpot over medium high heat. Add tomato juice, soup base and 3 tbs of the sugar. Taste and add up to 1 more tbs sugar at this time. Note: The sugar is used to help cut the acidity of the tomatoes. The acidity of tomatoes can vary from batch to batch so always start low when adding the sugar..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes to reduce slightly (about the consistency of a thin gravy). Taste soup after it has reduced. Add pepper, salt to taste, and up to 2 tbs more sugar as needed/desired (I normally use the full 6 tbs)..
- Reduce heat to low. Once soup has stopped bubbling stir in evaporated milk until well incorporated. Then stir in chopped basil. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes for flavors to blend..
- Dish up and garnish with any combination of suggested garnishes above..
- Alternate version: For a smoother consistency, before adding evaporated milk carefully run soup through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the solids. Return to pot, then add evaporated milk and basil as in step 5..
If you find this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.