Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by making some simple changes.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Prepare 2 of Split, bone-in, skin on chicken breast.
- Use 1 of 49.5 oz can of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 medium of white onion, diced.
- Take 1 of poblano pepper, diced.
- Provide 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Take 6 of scallions (green tops and white bottoms separated).
- Get 1 of 28 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained).
- Provide 1 of 14.5 oz can of refried beans.
- Get 1 of 14.5 oz can of low-sodium black beans (undrained).
- Take 1 cup of Vodka.
- Use 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- Take 2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried cilantro.
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- Provide 1 bunch of fresh cilantro.
- You need 1 of Kosher Salt.
- Take 1 of Fresh-ground pepper.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Heat a Dutch oven or another large, heavy pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts liberally with Kosher salt. Place chicken breasts skin side down in Dutch oven. Brown and render as much fat out of the skin as possible. When skin is golden brown, remove chicken to a second pot..
- Reduce heat on Dutch oven to medium. Add cumin seeds to Dutch oven chicken fat and toast for one minute. Sauté diced white onion and diced white part of onion from the scallions in the chicken fat for 3-5 minutes. Add diced poblano and minced garlic and Sauté for another 3-5 minutes. Add Mexican oregano and dried cilantro..
- In the second pot, pour the broth over the chicken breasts. Cover with a lid and bring to a simmer. Cook chicken all the way through. Remove chicken from broth and allow to cool until it is able to be pulled from the bones and shredded. Discard bones. Reserve chicken and broth..
- Add canned tomatoes (undrained) to vegetable mixture. Immediately stir in vodka. Bring to a simmer. Stir in refried beans and black beans (undrained). Add bay leaves..
- Add reserved chicken broth to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Add the corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. At this point, soup is ready to serve BUT it can simmer for a few more hours for a thicker broth. Five minutes before service, stir in diced fresh cilantro (as little or as much as you prefer). Garnish with sour cream, green onion tops from scallions, tortilla chips, guacamole or any other traditional Tex-Mex garnish. Enjoy!.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.