Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you most likely choose lots of food items out of habit. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By adding fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. To cook soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) you only need 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- Provide 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- Provide 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Provide 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- You need 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Use 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Get 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Get of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- Use 7 of shallots.
- Get 5 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- You need 5 of candlenut.
- Prepare of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- Use Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Prepare of Shredded cabbage.
- Take of Cooked rice.
- Provide of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Get of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Provide of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- You need of Fried shallots (optional).
- You need 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Steps to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
If you find this Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.