Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Orzo Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Orzo Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
As you can see, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken orzo soup recipe. To make chicken orzo soup you need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Take 10 of skinless chicken thighs.
- Use 8 cups of water.
- Provide 1 of whole peeled onion.
- Provide 1 of onion diced.
- Provide 3 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 bunch of celery sliced.
- Provide 2 lb of peeled and sliced carrots.
- You need 1 (14.4 oz) of can diced tomato.
- Provide 1/2 lb of orzo pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of parsley.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of season salt.
- Provide to taste of pepper.
- Take to taste of hot pepper flakes.
- Get of Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Chicken Orzo Soup:
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking..
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :).
If you find this Chicken Orzo Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.