Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hotwater crust beef and pork pie recipe. You can cook hotwater crust beef and pork pie using 23 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie:
- Use of Hot water crust——————.
- Use 3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of lard.
- You need 1/3 cup of water.
- Use 2/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Provide of Filling————————.
- Take 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of ground pork.
- Get 15 ounce of beef broth.
- Take 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 1 pound of red potatoes.
- Take 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 4 of large diced carrots.
- Take 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get of Egg wash——————-.
- Provide 1 of large egg.
- Use 1-1/2 tablespoons of water.
Steps to make Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie:
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Dice the potatoes, carrots, and onions..
- Brown the beef with the potatoes, carrots, and onions. Add the spices and Worcestershire sauce..
- Cook till the potatoes are fork tender. Add the 2/3 cup flour. Mix in well stir in the broth and let thicken. Set aside..
- The crust, heat the water, butter, and lard. Let it boil till every ingredient is incorporated well..
- Mix the hot water water mixture with the salt, baking soda, and flour. You will have to use this right away. While it's hot..
- Knead till incorporated. Form in the spingform pan two thirds of the dough..
- Push till the bottom and sides are covered with no holes or openings. Keep the dough hot. That's why it is important to have the filling ready to go..
- Add the filling..
- Roll the dough out big around enough to cover the complete top of the pie. Best results is between two sheets of wax or plastic wrap. Work the dough while it's hot to get the best seal..
- Crimp the edges, and seal. Poke a hole in the center with a wooden spoon. Make a small "X" in the circle..
- Coat the top with egg wash. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes..
- Rotate a half turn and bake 15 more minutes..
- Take out and let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve. I hope you enjoy!!.
If you find this Hotwater Crust Beef and Pork Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.