Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Pilau recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Pilau recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Deciding to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can see results without eliminating foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple pilau recipe. You can cook simple pilau using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Pilau:
- Use of white rice.
- Use of beef with bone.
- Prepare of beef stock.
- Provide of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of large onions.
- Prepare of garlic cloves crushed.
- Provide of Pilau masala.
- Provide of cardamom powder.
- Get of ginger.
- Prepare of Salt.
Instructions to make Simple Pilau:
- Cut up beef into big cubes. The size should be bigger than the size for beef stew. Put in a pressure cooker or cooking pot with 1 teaspoon of ginger and boil until meat is tender but not falling apart. Remove the meat from the stock and save the stock for later.
- Peel and cut the onions in half and then finely slice them into semi circles..
- Peel and crush/pound the garlic in a pestle and mortar or use a garlic press if you have.
- In a cooking pot pour in the vegetable oil and let it heat up slightly before putting in the onions. Fry the onions on high heat stirring frequently.
- When the onions turn transluscent, add the spices and stir to coat in the oil. Reduce the heat/flame to medium to avoid the spices burning and becoming bitter. Keep stirring while allowing the spices to cook in the oil (about 2 minutes).
- When the onions start turning a nice pale golden brown, add the boiled beef (without the stock) and salt to your desired taste and stir to mix everything together. Cover and reduce the heat to medium. (At this point you can wash the rice). Keep checking and stirring the meat every so often until it turns brown (should take about 15 minutes).
- Once the beef has browned, create some space in the middle of the pot and put in the crushed garlic. Let the garlic cook in the oil for about 30 seconds before stirring it into the meat. Stir for another 30 seconds.
- Add the washed rice and stir to coat it in the beef and spices. Make sure everything has mixed well. Cover and keep checking every 2-3 minutes, stirring each time you check..
- After about 20 minutes the rice will have turned translucent and everything will have been incorporated well together..
- Switch on the oven to 100 degrees. Reheat the beef stock in a pot and measure out 3 cups. Pour the stock into the rice mixture and stir to mix everything together. Turn up the heat to medium high and let it come to a boil and then reduce to medium. Cover and let it cook until the stock has completely reduced. Reduce the heat to low then cover the pot with foil then with the lid for another 5 minutes. After 5 minutes transfer the pot to the oven (lower rack) and let it finish cooking (30 minutes).
- Serve the pilau when still hot..
If you find this Simple Pilau recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.