Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy tomato basil soup recipe. To make creamy tomato basil soup you need 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of medium onion – chopped.
- Use of garlic – crushed.
- Provide of cans whole tomatoes – drained.
- Get of tomato juice.
- Get of granulated sugar.
- Take of chicken soup base (or 2 cubes bullion).
- Provide of black pepper.
- Provide of sea salt.
- Use of evaporated milk.
- Use of chopped fresh basil.
- Use of Optional garnishes (per bowl).
- You need of chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Use of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need of seasoned croutons.
- Get of shredded mozzarella or parmesan.
- Take of couple dashes Tabasco sauce.
- Get of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use of cayenne powder or smoked paprika.
Steps to make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in a 3 to 4 quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent. About 5 – 7 minutes..
- Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add drained cans of whole tomatoes. Cover and pulse until you have a coarse puree. Note: You may want to vent the lid slightly so steam doesn't pop the lid off..
- Transfer puree back to stockpot over medium high heat. Add tomato juice, soup base and 3 tbs of the sugar. Taste and add up to 1 more tbs sugar at this time. Note: The sugar is used to help cut the acidity of the tomatoes. The acidity of tomatoes can vary from batch to batch so always start low when adding the sugar..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes to reduce slightly (about the consistency of a thin gravy). Taste soup after it has reduced. Add pepper, salt to taste, and up to 2 tbs more sugar as needed/desired (I normally use the full 6 tbs)..
- Reduce heat to low. Once soup has stopped bubbling stir in evaporated milk until well incorporated. Then stir in chopped basil. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes for flavors to blend..
- Dish up and garnish with any combination of suggested garnishes above..
- Alternate version: For a smoother consistency, before adding evaporated milk carefully run soup through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the solids. Return to pot, then add evaporated milk and basil as in step 5..
If you find this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.