Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash soup base – vegetarian or not recipe. To cook squash soup base – vegetarian or not you need 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- Take of quarter squash, peeled & sliced.
- Provide of medium red onion, coarsely chopped.
- Get of garlic, coarsely chopped.
- Get of water.
- Use of a stock cube (vegetable if vegetarian, chicken if not).
- Provide of Salt.
- Use of ~ VARIATION SUGGESTIONS ~ (optional).
- Get of crushed crispy bacon (optional).
- Get of sliced ham (optional).
- Get of shredded leftover chicken (optional).
- Take of diced cooked baby potato (optional).
- Use of dollops cream (optional).
- Get of coconut cream (optional).
Steps to make Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not:
- In a sauce pan, place your squash, sliced into small pieces so it's easy to mash. Add onions, garlic and enough water to cover all the squash (don't place too much). Boil covered for 15 mins.
- Once soft, lower heat and mash everything while in the pot. Season with salt and 1/4 of a stock cube (crushed to powder so it's easy to mix)..
- When the squash is mashed, it gets thicker and absorbs the liquid. Taste and adjust preferred consistency accordingly by adding water a teaspoon at a time. Serve while hot..
- I enjoy this soup base on its own without any additions but sometimes I do variations too. Some non-veg ideas: // Add light cream or coconut cream // Add meat (shredded chicken, bacon or ham) // Add diced potatoes for a more filling soup // Add veggies like diced celery, corn kernels or peas.
If you find this Squash Soup base – vegetarian or not recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.