Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken tortilla soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken tortilla soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken tortilla soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, merely making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything instantly or that you should completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken tortilla soup:
- Provide 1 of small package of chicken thighs.
- Provide Half of package of 16 oz rice (long grain) or rice of choice.
- Use 1 can of original rotel.
- Take 1 package of corn tortillas (cut into strips).
- You need 1 of small white onion (dice).
- Use of oil.
- Provide of Lawrys seasoning salt (for tortilla strips).
- Get of lemon juice (for tortilla strips).
- You need 2 Tbsps of cumin.
- Provide 1 tbsps of garlic powder.
- Provide of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Prepare 2 Tbsps of butter.
- Provide of toppings optional: avocado slices and/or shredded cheese.
- Prepare 2 cans of small tomato sauce.
Steps to make Chicken tortilla soup:
- In a big pot add butter and diced onion letting them turn translucent. Add rice and let it brow. Once you see the rice turn light brown add 3 quarts of water, cumin, garlic, rotel, tomato sauce, salt and pepper (always taste and add more seasoning as needed).
- While the rice is cooking. In another pot add chicken thighs salt and pepper. Do not throw chicken broth away. Once chicken is cooked cut into small pieces and add both chicken and its broth into big pot. Cooking for another 10 min.
- Cut tortillas into strips then fry in a medium size pan. Once fried put in a bowel with a paper towel. Sprinkle lawrys seasoning and lemon juice on the strips..
- It's all done. Serve in bowels and top with tortilla strips. You can also top soup with shredded cheese or avocados..
- Remember you can always use brown rice and chicken breast. I just like chicken thighs better. I have also added black beans before..
If you find this Chicken tortilla soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.