Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. Even more important than entirely changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Sooner or later, you will find that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will entirely replace the way you ate previously.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. You can have hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- You need 1 cup of dried split peas.
- Take 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow lentils.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of barley.
- Get 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 medium of onions.
- Get 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 5 medium of carrots.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.