Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect "Faked" Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to "Faked" Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making some modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. While you may already consume lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to "faked" potato soup recipe. You can cook "faked" potato soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare "Faked" Potato Soup:
- Take 1 of large head cauliflower.
- Use 5 of shallots.
- Use 1 of stalk celery.
- Provide 1 of small carrot.
- Take 1 of half a poblano pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Provide 1 of box of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Use 1 of bacon to taste.
- Provide 1 of bunch of scallions.
- Provide 1 of salt, pepper & Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Use 2 of Tbsp olive oil.
- You need 1 of for garnish I like grated cheddar, sour cream, bacon crumbles and green onion..
Instructions to make "Faked" Potato Soup:
- Add the olive oil to a large pot on medium/high heat..
- Rough chop all the veggies except the bay leaf, and saute with Cajun seasoning to taste, until softened..
- Add a little bacon for flavor:).
- Add your stock and bay leaf and bring too a boil..
- Boil for 10 minutes..
- Remove bay leaf and carefully puree soup in batches. Be sure to cover blender lid with a towel to prevent explosions;).
- Once pureed, add back to cooking pot and simmer..
- Add cream and stir well..
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes. Add some more bacon and chopped green onion..
- If too thick, you can thin out with more stock, or cream. Serve and enjoy:).
If you find this "Faked" Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.