Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can have minestrone soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- Use 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- Provide 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Take 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 32 oz of diced tomatoes (2 cans).
- Get 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 5 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- Provide 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Take 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- You need 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- Use to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Minestrone Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.