Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping as you probably choose lots of food items out of habit. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to light, quick & simple vegetable soup recipe. To cook light, quick & simple vegetable soup you need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup:
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed is best).
- Get 2 of large onions, chopped.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of new potatoes, in small chunks.
- Get 2 of carrots, diced.
- Provide 1 l of vegetable stock (I used “Marigold” powder but I would’ve used home-made stock if I’d had any left.).
- Use 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Provide of Salt.
- Provide of Ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan or stock pot and gently fry the onions for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Add the potatoes, carrots and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally..
- Add the herbs, cover and fast simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the sugar and then season to taste..
- Whizz to a light, liquid-y consistency and serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
If you find this Light, Quick & Simple Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.