Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy and Scrumptious Lasagna with Homemade Noodles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy and Scrumptious Lasagna with Homemade Noodles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy and scrumptious lasagna with homemade noodles recipe. You can cook easy and scrumptious lasagna with homemade noodles using 28 ingredients and 51 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy and Scrumptious Lasagna with Homemade Noodles:
- Take of For the lasagna dough.
- Prepare 200 grams of Semolina flour (or bread flour).
- Use 2 tsp of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- Get 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 2 medium of Eggs.
- Provide of For the easy meat sauce.
- Take 300 grams of Ground meat (your choice of meat).
- Get 1 large of Onion.
- Provide 1 medium of Carrot.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic (tubed garlic is also fine).
- Provide 2 tsp of Olive oil (or vegetable oil).
- Get 1 tbsp of Consommé soup stock granules.
- Use 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Get 1 tbsp of Japanese Worcestershire sauce (or your choice of choice, such as tonkatsu sauce).
- Use 4 tbsp of Ketchup.
- Get 1 can of Canned diced tomatoes.
- Get 1 of Water.
- You need 1 of Krazy Salt (or salt and pepper).
- Take of For the bechamel sauce.
- Provide 500 ml of Milk.
- You need 5 tbsp of Butter or margarine.
- Take 5 tbsp of Plain white flour.
- Use 2 tsp of Consommé soup stock granules.
- Use 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Toppings.
- Provide 1 of Cheese (pizza cheese) easy melting type.
- Use 1 of Dried parsley or your choice of herbs.
Steps to make Easy and Scrumptious Lasagna with Homemade Noodles:
- Prepare the dough first. Put the semolina (or bread) flour into a bowl, and make a well in the middle..
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, olive oil (or vegetable oil), and salt well. Pour this mixture into the well in the flour..
- Gradually incorporate the flour while mixing in the egg mixture..
- When the dough is more or less combined, knead it into a ball with your hands. Even if it is flaky and rough, it's fine as long as it is collected into a single mass..
- Bring the dough together and flatten it a bit. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or put it into a plastic bag. Seal the bag or wrap well, and rest the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- While the dough is resting, prepare the bechamel sauce and meat sauce. Let's start with the easy meat sauce…..
- Finely mince the garlic and carrot, then chop the onion a bit more roughly..
- Sauté the chopped garlic with olive oil (or vegetable oil) in a frying pan until fragrant..
- Add the ground meat to the frying pan and sauté it until browned. Add the carrot and onion and sauté well. Do this over high heat, taking care not to let it burn..
- When the moisture has cooked out, add the sake, soy sauce, and soup stock and continue sautéing. Stir in the can of diced tomatoes..
- When tomatoes are well incorporated, add enough water to cover all of the ingredients, plus the Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce and ketchup. Stir well, and continue cooking over high heat to reduce the sauce rapidly..
- Continue stirring while occasionally crushing the tomatoes with a ladle or a wooden spatula..
- When the sauce has reduced so that there's little liquid left in the pan, taste, and add the salt and pepper or Krazy Salt to taste! Adjust the seasoning to taste and it's done! This is a simple and easy meat sauce..
- Now, let's make the bechamel sauce. Put the butter or margarine in a frying pan or a pot, and melt it over low heat. Add the consommé soup stock granules..
- Stir to dissolve the consommé soup stock granules in the butter or margarine..
- When that's done, add 2 tablespoons out of the 5 tablespoons of flour. Stir it into the butter or margine until it has melted in completely..
- Next, add 2 more tablespoons of flour and mix it in evenly. Add the final tablespoon of flour and mix it in completely..
- When the roux is blended, add the milk in several batches, stirring until smooth between additions. Continue adding until all of the milk is incorporated..
- Continue to mix away! When the sauce is smooth and creamy, it's done! If you still have some undissolved lumps, add a little more milk..
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper. The easy bechamel sauce is done. It should ideally be rather thick..
- Don't make the meat sauce or the bechamel sauce too salty. The lasagna will be topped with lots of cheese, so it will taste fine in the end..
- After the dough has rested for 2 hours, take it out of the refrigerator, put it on a sheet of parchment paper, and divide it into 2 portions..
- Return one half to the plastic wrap or bag. Knead the other half a little to relax it. It will be quite pretty stiff, so press down hard!.
- Knead the dough until smooth (on the surface), then press it out with your palms to flatten it a bit..
- The dough will be stiff, so you need a lot of strength…Press and roll hard with a rolling pin. Roll it out to a 1 mm thickness..
- Don't worry about the shape of the dough too much; just continue rolling it out until it's 1 mm thick. When the dough is rolled out, cut it so it's a little smaller than the casserole or lasagna pan you're using..
- You don't have to make it too exact! Just cut it approximately without worrying about fitting it perfectly. The cut off end pieces will be used later..
- Roll out the other half of the dough in the same way. Once the dough is rolled out, boil it. Bring water to a boil in a large frying pan or pot, and add about 1 tablespoon of oil..
- Mix the water and oil, then add the dough and boil it. The dough will float to the surface; the boiling time depends on the thickness and size of the dough sheets….
- For a thin and translucent noodle that floats to the surface, it should boil for about 3 minutes or so. If it's 1 mm thick, cook for about 4 minutes, and it's 2 mm thick or so, cook for 5 to 6 minutes..
- Ideally, for the most authentic results, the dough should fit the baking dish exactly! But that's a bit hard to achieve, so you can cut it in half to fit..
- Boil the cut off end pieces of the noodles, too. These will be used like puzzle pieces in the lasagna..
- The boiling times for the noodles are for reference only. To be sure, cut off a bit of the thickest part and test the cut piece for doneness!.
- If the noodles are still floury and uncooked in the middle, they are done. Once the noddles are cooked, rinse them briefly in cold water and drain in a colander..
- Once you have the meat sauce, bechamel sauce, and lasagna noddles ready, preheat the oven to 250 °C!.
- Grease the inside of the dish you'll be using to bake the lasagna with a little butter or margarine (not listed in the ingredient list). Start with a layer of bechamel sauce, followed by a layer of meat sauce..
- Add a bit more meat sauce than bechamel sauce! If you are using a dish of about the size specified here, you should be able to make about 4 layers total..
- It might be best to divide the sauce into 4 portions beforehand. Add a layer of noodles after the meat sauce layer! Repeat the layers..
- Even if the lasagna noodles are in pieces, you can fit them together like a puzzle without any gaps as shown..
- Since the lasagna noodles become thicker when they're cooked; if you roll them out 1 mm thick as a base, even if the sheets are not perfectly rectangular they can still be used. Since this is an easy casual lasagna, don't worry about making it perfectly..
- Keep layering in the ingredients, from the bechamel sauce to the meat sauce. Top with the pizza cheese. Melting-type sliced cheese may also work..
- Add as much cheese as you like..
- When I added the last layer of meat sauce, my casserole was filled to the brim! If you add a bit less, leaving space at the top of your casserole dish, the cheese won't bubble over when it's baked..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 250 °C for around 15 minutes, keeping an eye on it until the surface is crispy and browned..
- When it has browned evenly on the surface, it's done. Sprinkle with dried parsley to taste..
- Here is a view from the side….
- The cut side is also well defined..
- If you want to make more dough, use 1 egg per 100 g of flour, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of oil..
- The first time you make this, you might get slightly confused about some of the steps…so try it out when you have some time to spare. It's surprisingly easy to make..
- If your noodle sheets do not have an even thickness and the thicker parts float up to the surface as you're cooking them, open a few holes in the dough with chopsticks, and it will cook faster..
- The dough is so firm and chewy that you shouldn't need any flour for dusting, but if it looks like it will stick as you work it, use a little flour..
If you find this Easy and Scrumptious Lasagna with Homemade Noodles recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.