Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of modest changes.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe. You can cook spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Use of table spoons of olive oil.
- You need of large red onion finely chopped.
- Use of garlic cloves.
- Use of fresh red chillies, seeded and finally chopped.
- Use of tea spoons cumin seeds.
- Prepare of tea spoons coriander seeds.
- Provide of carrot, finely chopped.
- Get of sugar.
- Provide of mustard seed.
- You need of tomatoe concentrate.
- You need of sweet patatoe.
- Take of red lentils (soaked over night).
- Use of vegetable stock.
- Take of Salt.
- Get of Ground pepper.
- Get of To serve.
- Prepare of small red onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of large bunch of fresh coriander, finely chopped.
- Take of lime wedges.
Steps to make Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander:
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan and stir the onion, garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander seeds. When the onion begins to colour, toss in the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the mustard seeds, sugar and stir in the lentils and sweet patatoe..
- Pour in the stock, stir well and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer for 30-40 minutes..
- If the soup is too thick, thin it down with a little water. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve the soup straight from the pan or, if you prefer a smooth texture, whiz it in a blender, then reheat if necessary. Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle liberally with chopped onion and coriander. Serve with 2 wedges of lime to squeeze over the soup.
If you find this Spicy red lentil soup with onion and coriander recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.