Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up vegetable soup recipe. To make use-up vegetable soup you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- Provide 1 tbsp of cold-pressed vegetable oil.
- Take 2 of onions, chopped.
- Use 1 of deseeded red pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 of red chili, with seeds, chopped.
- Provide 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Get 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of courgettes, in small chunks.
- Get 1 of sweet potato, peeled & chopped.
- Get 1 of carrot, chopped small.
- Get 1 kg of tomatoes, chopped with cores removed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 litres of vegetable stock (I use either Knorr stock pots or “Marigold” powder.).
- Provide 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 3 of bay leaves.
- You need of Salt (I always use Maldon sea salt coz it’s local but normal salt is fine.).
- You need of Ground black pepper.
- Take of Coriander to garnish (optional – I didn’t on this occasion).
Steps to make Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-heat in a stock pot or large saucepan with a strong base..
- Fry the onions for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the pepper, garlic, chili and celery and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently. Add the courgettes and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add the sweet potato and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the carrot and then add the tomatoes, stirring gently but thoroughly. After 2-3 minutes stir in the sugar..
- Then add the stock. Stir all thoroughly and add in the oregano, smoked paprika, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally and then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste..
- Whizz in a blender to your desired consistency and serve piping hot..
- Garnish with chopped coriander if wished..
If you find this Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.