Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you don’t wish to eat. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple cabbage & bean soup with pork recipe. You can have simple cabbage & bean soup with pork using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- Take of pork, cut into 1/2" cubes (I like shoulder, but you can use whatever cut you like.).
- You need of oil.
- Take of small onion, diced.
- Prepare of large carrots, peeled and cut into roughly 1/2"pieces (I find the peel can sometimes impart a slightly bitter flavor.).
- Use of large stem of celery, diced.
- Use of garlic, crushed.
- Use of tomato paste + 1 teaspoon sugar OR 2 Tablespoons ketchup if you don't have tomato paste.
- Provide of bay leaf.
- Prepare of dried thyme.
- Use of liquid (any mixture of water and unsalted stock you like).
- Get of kosher salt to start.
- Take of apple cider or distilled white vinegar.
- Use of chopped cabbage (roughly 1"pieces), about half a large head.
- Provide of cans (OR one 28 oz. can) unsalted white beans, drained. (I used Northern. You can also use Navy or Cannellini.).
Steps to make Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork:
- In a large pot or stockpot, bring the oil up to medium high heat and brown the pork..
- Add onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions just start to turn translucent..
- Add bay leaf, thyme, and tomato paste (or ketchup), and give everything few good stirs. (This will give the tomato a chance to caramelize a bit.).
- Add liquid, salt, vinegar, and cabbage, give everything another few good stirs, turn the heat down to medium, and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to medium low, add beans, stir them in, and cook, covered, for another 20 to 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning before the last 5 minutes of this cooktime to give all flavors a chance to meld..
- Enjoy! :).
If you find this Simple Cabbage & Bean Soup with Pork recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.