Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
We are very mindful that having healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more healthy feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, as an example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run can easily be healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Choosing whole grain food items is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. To make hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup you only need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- Get of dried split peas.
- Prepare of green lentils.
- Use of yellow lentils.
- Get of barley.
- Take of olive oil.
- Get of onions.
- Use of garlic.
- Prepare of carrots.
- You need of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.