Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Quick veggie and barley soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Quick veggie and barley soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quick veggie and barley soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are excellent for a fast snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for instance is a great snack in the morning. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain snacks is always far better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to quick veggie and barley soup recipe. To cook quick veggie and barley soup you only need 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- Use 1 cup of or so chopped celery.
- Use 1 cup of or so chopped onion.
- Use 1 cup of or so chopped carrots.
- Take 1 cube of stock (I used Kallo garlic and herb).
- Provide 1/2 liter of water.
- Take 1 tbs of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 tbs of chopped fresh dill.
- Get 1 tsp of dried celery seeds.
- Take 1/4-1/3 cup of Job's tears or barley (I used Job's tears).
- Provide 1 tbs of or so olive oil.
- Use of Corn starch slurry (1 tbs each corn starch and water).
- Provide of To taste, salt and pepper.
Steps to make Quick veggie and barley soup:
- Rinse off barley or Job's tears, then put in a sauce pan and cover with water by a few inches. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes or so (I cook the grain separately so it doesn't absorb all the liquid in the soup)..
- In a bowl, dissolve the stock cube in the 1/2 liter of water and set aside..
- In large sauce pan, saute the celery, onion, and carrots in the olive oil over medium heat..
- When the veggie mix is softened, add in the stock, tomato paste, and celery seeds. Bring to a boil, and then let simmer..
- After ten minutes, add the dill and the corn starch slurry. Stir to make sure the slurry is thoroughly mixed..
- Let the soup simmer another ten minutes or so until it achieves desired consistency (mine was thickened just a bit – runny but not watery)..
- Remove from heat and season to taste..
- When barley/Job's tears are done (should be mostly soft, maybe a little al dente), strain to eliminate excess water and then add to the soup. Reheat if necessary and serve..
If you find this Quick veggie and barley soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.