Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are not sensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds provide many health benefits. These nuts contain lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Almonds, like turkey, come with the enzyme tryptophan which can often make you sleepy. In the case of almonds, however, they wont make you yearn for a nap. Instead, these nuts help in lowering stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Your emotional level can sometimes be lifted by simply eating almonds.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken adobo tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken adobo tortilla soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Provide 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Use 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Take 3-8 inch of flour tortillas – cut into thin strips.
- Take 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Provide 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
Steps to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
If you find this Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.