Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Power.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains included in white bread.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt really need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. To make leek & baked potato soup you need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare leek & baked potato soup:
- Prepare of leek 6-8 in. long.
- You need of leftover baked potatoes (cold).
- Prepare of onion (minced).
- Use of stock (chicken or beef or veg.).
- You need of butter.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Take of salt (split).
- Take of cracked black pepper (split).
- You need of flour.
- Use of garlic powder.
- Take of ground coriander.
- You need of smoked paprika.
- You need of splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use of lemon juice.
- Prepare of or 3 DROPS liquid smoke.
Instructions to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot..
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers.
- add to hot oils.
- add minced onion..
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter..
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper.
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder..
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt..
- add flour to create rue..
- stirr often..
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky..
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice..
- stir until well blended..
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer..
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work.
- add to soup. stir..
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out..
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor..
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin..
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat..
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.