Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemicals. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shepherd's pie twice baked potatoes recipe. To cook shepherd's pie twice baked potatoes you need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Take of For the Beef Part.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of carrot, minced (I used 1/2).
- Take 1/2 of medium sized onion, minced.
- Provide 2 tbsp of chili powder.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of adobo seasoning.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Take of For the Potatoes.
- Take 4 of large Russet Potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chicken broth.
- Get 1 cup of cheddar cheese, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- Provide 1 tbsp of flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of butter, melted.
- Get of Optional.
- Prepare of Optional Gravies/Sauces to serve with!.
- You need of Beef Gravy.
- Use of Mushroom Gravy.
Instructions to make Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wash potatoes well..
- Bake potatoes for 45-50 minutes, or until they can be easily stabbed with a fork. (I actually was running late on getting dinner started and have a Potato Express handy, so I used that and microwaved for 5 minutes).
- While the potatoes are baking, mince the onion and carrot. Brown the ground beef, and add the veggies, chili powder, adobo seasoning, and salt and pepper. Stir fry until veggies are tender. (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of the beef!).
- Once potatoes are done baking, carefully cut and outline around the top, pull up the skin, and use a spoon to scoop as much potato out as possible. Be careful not to burn yourself!.
- Add the milk, sour cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, and half of the cheese to the potato innards and mash them. Add more milk if you'd like them creamier..
- Stir the beef mixture into the mashed potatoes until well mixed. Set aside..
- In a small bowl or cup, melt the butter. Add the flour and any additional spices (I added extra adobo) and stir to make a thick paste. Spread this paste into the bottom of and sides of the potatoes..
- Stuff the potatoes with the beef mixture, and pile it on top too!.
- Add remaining cheese and bake for 10inutes, or until cheese has melted..
- Enjoy! We ate ours with a bit of sour cream on the side. I had Mac n cheese with mine, because I'll never say no to Mac n cheese! :).
If you find this Shepherd's Pie Twice Baked Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.