Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow split pea soup recipe. You can cook yellow split pea soup using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yellow Split Pea Soup:
- Get of yellow split peas.
- Provide of yellow onion, chopped.
- You need of cm cubed piece of fresh ginger, finely sliced and chopped.
- You need of carrot, chopped.
- Use of water.
- Get of Swiss vegetable bouillon powder.
- Get of chaat masala.
Instructions to make Yellow Split Pea Soup:
- Rinse the yellow split peas in a sieve and allow to drain.
- Put everything except the chaat masala in a small pot.
- Stir to mix in the bouillon a little bit.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 25-30 minutes.
- You may need to add a little more water, but only if it looks really dry.
- Blend until smooth with a stick blender or in a blender jug (please be careful blending hot liquids!).
- Serve in a bowl with the chaat masala sprinkled on top.
If you find this Yellow Split Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.