Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Opting to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make considerable changes, but the most vital thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. You can have 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Take 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Provide 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Provide 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Take of Seasoning packet from beans.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Provide 4 cups of filtered water.
- Take 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Use 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Use of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Provide 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Use 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take of For rice 👇.
- Take 3 cups of white instant rice.
- Use 3 cups of filtered water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
Instructions to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.