Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
You can get results without removing foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will find that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup recipe. To cook jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup you only need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Get 1 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- Take 1 of Large Onion (Sliced or Diced).
- Get 1 lb of Cubed Ham.
- Provide 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Get 6-10 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- Provide 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Thyme Leaves).
- Take 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- Get 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 10-12 cup of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- Prepare of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
Instructions to make Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
If you find this Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.