Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bean and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are possible with all sorts of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bean and bacon soup recipe. You can cook bean and bacon soup using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bean and Bacon Soup:
- You need 1 lb. of bacon, diced.
- Take 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of carrots, diced.
- Get 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 3 (15.5 oz.) of cans Great Northern beans, drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) of can Tomato sauce.
- Get to taste of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Bean and Bacon Soup:
- Dice bacon and cook over medium high heat in a large Dutch oven..
- When cooked and crispy, place in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside..
- Dice onion, carrots and celery..
- Leave 2 Tbsp. of the bacon grease in pot and saute diced onion, celery, carrots and garlic until tender..
- Add in beans, chicken broth and salt and pepper. You do not need that much salt as the bacon will be salty already..
- Heat to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour..
- Open lid and bask in the aroma… :).
- Using a ladle, remove half of soup and place in a blender, blend on low until incorporated..
- Place back into pot and add the can of tomato sauce and 3/4 of the cooked bacon..
- Continue to heat on low until soup is warm and bubbly..
- Top with remaining bacon. Enjoy!.
If you find this Bean and Bacon Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.