Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of nutritious foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A little bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. You can spend hours at the grocery store searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
Yogurt can be a snack many people ignore. In fact, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we really do not recommend. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is made up of a great deal of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Yogurt unites beautifully with nuts and seeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to salisbury steak with mushroom gravy recipe. You can have salisbury steak with mushroom gravy using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Provide 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Provide 1/2 of small onion, finely diced.
- Use 8 of saltine crackers, finely crushed.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of fresh sage, minced.
- Use 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 3 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Get 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley for garnisg.
Steps to make Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy:
- Gently mix the beef, egg, onion, cracker crumbs, sage, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl using your hands. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into oval patties, about 1/2 inch thick..
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the patties, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate..
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet and cook the mushrooms until slightly browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, scraping up any browned bits. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, then stir in beef broth and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, swirling to combine..
- Return the patties and any juices from the plate to the skillet. Simmer until the sauce thickens and the patties are cooked through, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and season with salt and pepper..
If you find this Salisbury Steak with mushroom gravy recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.