Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Vitality.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types plays a role in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and increase our stamina often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you might be looking for a quick snack, you can’t go completely wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains present in white bread.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily available. Deciding to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo recipe. You can have shrimp, sausage, and chicken gumbo using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Provide of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
- Get of smoked sausage.
- Use of med shrimp deveined and peeled (doesnt go in until the end).
- Take of butter or margarine.
- Get of vegetable oil.
- Provide of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Provide of onion, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, minced.
- You need of green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- Take of stalks chopped celery.
- Take of worcestershire sauce.
- Use of flat leafed parsley, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare of hot water.
- Prepare of beef bouillon cubes.
- Use of stewed tomatoes w/juice.
- Prepare of frozen sliced okra.
- You need of green onions, white part as well.
- Provide of of cayenne pepper.
Steps to make Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large (heavy bottomed) pot, over medium-high heat..
- Cook chicken until browned on both sides, remove..
- Cook sausage until browned on both sides, remove..
- *Roux- Sprinkle the flour over the oil, add 2 tablespoons of margarine and cook over medium-heat. Stirring constantly, until brown, about 10 minutes..
- Return the pot to low heat and melt the remaining 3 tablespoons margarine. Add onion, garlic, green pepper and celery. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, to taste and the 1/4 bunch parsley..
- Cook while stirring frequently for about 10 minutes..
- Add 5 cups of hot water and beef bouillon cubes. Whisk constantly. *for thicker gumbo, 4 cups of hot water.
- Add chicken and sausage, bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- Add tomatoes (w/juice) and okra. Stir, then cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- Just before serving add green onions, and shrimp. Let stand 5 minutes..
- Enjoy!!! With rice or crackers, however you prefer. Or just straight up..
If you find this Shrimp, sausage, and chicken GUMBO recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.