Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently consume plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) recipe. You can cook beef stew (boeuf bourguignon) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Get of hickory smoked bacon, chopped.
- Use of chuck beef cup into 1" cubes.
- Use of carrots cubed.
- Prepare of yellow onions chopped.
- Use of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare of red wine.
- Take of beef stock.
- Provide of tomato paste.
- Prepare of thyme.
- Use of butter.
- You need of flour.
- You need of pearl onions whole.
- You need of mushrooms sliced thickly.
- Use of bay leaves.
- Get of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- Take of parsley for garnish.
Instructions to make Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon):
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat 2 TB oil in large Dutch oven (or heavy, oven-safe pot with tight fitting lid.) Add bacon and cook over medium until evenly and lightly browned throughout. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to a large plate. Remaining oil and grease should stay in the pot..
- Using paper towels, thoroughly dry uncooked beef and sprinkle the cubes evenly with a thin layer of kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. Reheat the oil/bacon grease in the Dutch oven and sear the beef cubes in a single layer, working in batches, until each cube is brown on all sides. Do not over crowd the pan, making sure to leave some space between each piece of beef. Add more oil as needed to finish browning. Set beef aside in plate with the bacon..
- If needed, add oil and heat oil. Add carrots, onions, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper and saute for 5 minutes until onions are lightly browned..
- Add beef and bacon back into Dutch oven with their juices. Add the wine and enough beef broth to almost cover all the meat. Add tomato paste, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Once liquid is reaches a simmer, cover the pot with tight fitting lid and place in oven for 1.5 to 2 hours, or until meat is very tender when pierced with fork..
- Meanwhile, mix together butter with flour in small bowl and set aside. Saute mushrooms with butter in skillet just until mushrooms start to become soft..
- Remove stew from oven. Add the butter/flour mixture, frozen pearl onions, and mushrooms to the stew. Bring to a boil on stovetop and immediately reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any fat off the top. Remove bay leaves. Season with additional kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste..
If you find this Beef Stew (Boeuf Bourguignon) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.