Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snacks.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for snacks between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you might be looking for a fast snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that added boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be fantastic for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain food items is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup recipe. You can have taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- You need 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- You need 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- Use 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- Provide 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- Prepare 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- You need 1 of beef bullion cube.
- Get 1 of onion or onion powder.
- Use 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- Get 1 of pepper to taste.
- Use 1 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of flour.
- Prepare 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- Take 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
Steps to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
If you find this Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.