Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Vitality.
Eating healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. Why not try some of the following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you might be looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go drastically wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will sustain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Eating on the run can be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Choosing whole grain food items is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to round, stuffed zucchini with brown rice, ground beef, red pepper recipe. You can cook round, stuffed zucchini with brown rice, ground beef, red pepper using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper:
- You need 4 of large round zucchini (I used more)(or use 4-6 regular long zucchini.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped (I used a whole 1).
- Use 1 of red bell pepper, chopped (I used 1 n 3\4ths of another).
- You need 2 tsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb. of very lean ground beef (less than 10% fat)(I used almost a pound in 7%fat one and 1 lb of 20%).
- Get 1 tsp. of Spike Seasoning (or use another all-purpose seasoning blend)(I had none so I used paprika, parsley, onion powder, lemon pepper, and ground ginger).
- Use 1 tsp. of chopped garlic or garlic puree (from a jar)(I used jarred minced garlic).
- Get 1 tsp. of ground fennel seed (I skipped this).
- Provide 1 cup of cooked brown rice(I cooked 2 cups and used 1 and a half cup for stuffing) the rest on plate (I also used instant white rice) my stove top in my rental won't cook rice right unfortunately ).
- Provide 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh basil (I grow this. so use fresh, it's amazing).
- Get 3/4 cup of coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, divided.
- Take 1/4 cup of chicken stock(I used half a cup due to adding 2 more round zucchini to stuff).
Steps to make Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper:
- Notes: Cut the stem end off each zucchini, use a melon baller (or sharp spoon) to scoop out most of the flesh and seeds of the zucchini, and microwave zucchini on high for 3-4 minutes on high. (Cook zucchini in the oven for about 15 minutes before you stuff them if you don't have a microwave.).
- Notes: cook rice in advanced, cut the stems off zucchini, and brown your meat beforehand. :).
- Instructions: Preheat oven to 375 F. For 8-ball zucchini, cut stem end off each zucchini to create a flat surface that's just slightly smaller than the largest width of the zucchini; then using a pointed teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out and discard most of the zucchini flesh and seeds, leaving an even 1/2 inch of flesh attached to the skin. For long zucchini, barely trim both ends of the zucchini; then cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh and seeds to leave a shallow boat shape..
- Microwave 3-4 minutes on high. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in heavy non-stick frying pan and saute chopped onions and peppers about 3 minutes; stir in Spike Seasoning, garlic, and ground fennel, and cook 1-2 minutes more. (Vegetables will cook more in the oven, so they don't need to be fully cooked at this point.) Remove onions and peppers to large mixing bowl, then add 1 teaspoon more oil and ground beef to hot pan and cook until it's nicely browned, breaking apart with the turner as it cooks. Remove cooked ground beef to mixing bowl. Add cooked brown rice, chopped basil, 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, and chicken stock to meat and vegetable mixture, and gently combine..
- Choose a roasting pan with sides, just big enough to hold the zucchini. Spray pan with nonstick spray or a light misting of olive oil. Stuff zucchini with stuffing mixture, packing in as much as you can into each zucchini, and mounding it up as high as you can, until all stuffing is used..
- Put zucchini into roasting pan, putting them close together so they hold each other up. Roast uncovered 15 minutes, then sprinkle each with a bit of the reserved Parmesan and cook 10-15 minutes more, until zucchini is tender-crisp, and filling is hot and slightly browned. Serve hot. This will keep well for a few days in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave..
- Variations: Use turkey Italian Sausage instead of ground beef. Use thin tomato sauce instead of the chicken stock. Use sage or parsley instead of the basil. (I might use a bit less.) Add some chopped olives to the stuffing. Use sauteed mushrooms instead of or in addition to the red pepper. Use feta cheese instead of the Parmesan..
- I found this recipe on KalynsKitchen.com :). Amazing recipe. U have to try this..
- My beautiful creation after cooking this recipe. Cut this in half to eat. The zucchini is edible and tastes great..
If you find this Round, Stuffed Zucchini with Brown Rice, Ground Beef, Red Pepper recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.