Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more healthy feeling. A piece of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Determining to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe. To make butternut squash and curry soup with chicken you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Provide 1 of butternut squash.
- Provide 1 of yellow onion.
- Take 1 clove of garlic.
- Get 48 oz of vegetable stock.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk (plus more for garnish).
- Prepare 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbs of yellow curry paste (more or less depending on taste).
- Provide 2 of chicken breast’s (optional).
- Provide 1 tbs of cumin (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of turmeric (for chicken).
- Provide 1 tbs of onion powered (for chicken).
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger (for chicken).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon (for chicken).
- Provide of Olive oil (see directions).
Instructions to make Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken:
- Pre heat oven to 400° then roast the butternut squash. I usually cut it in half, poke holes in it then microwave each half for 4 minutes. I then remove the skin, dice it into chunks, and cover them in olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Then put it in the oven and cook for about 30 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Dice the onion and put it in an oiled pan with the clove of garlic. Sauté on medium heat until onion is caramelized..
- When the squash and onions are done, throw them into a stock pot and set them aside so you can prep your chicken..
- Cover the chicken breasts in olive oil and add salt and pepper. Then cover them in the dry spices and roast them in a 350° oven for about 20 minutes or until there is no pink in the middle. When the chicken is done, shred it and set it to the side..
- While the chicken is cooking, add the vegetable stock to the pot with your squash and onion and heat on medium low. You can also add your brown sugar and your curry paste. After the curry has been incorporated, you can use a hand blender to blend the chunks of squash and onions until the soup is smoothe..
- Add your can of coconut milk (be sure to shake it before opening the can).
- Ladle some of the warm soup into your bowl and add the chicken and some extra coconut milk if choose!.
If you find this Butternut squash and curry soup with chicken recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.