Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Wholesome eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A piece of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack a lot of people ignore. Often people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the greatest idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the very best things you’ll be able to reach for. It consists of a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is easy for the physical body to digest and, depending on the type of culture utilized to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Yogurt unites wonderfully with nuts as well as seeds. It’s an simple way to lessen sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken recipe. To cook turkey or chicken soup made from leftover roast turkey or chicken you only need 27 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- Get 1 of FOR SOUP STOCK.
- Use 1 of Whole leftover roast turkey or chicken, all bones, scraps and bits and pieces.
- Get 2 of carrots, cut into chunks.
- Provide 2 of stalks celery, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 large of onion, peeled and cut into chunks.
- Provide 1 tsp of poultry seasoning.
- Get 1 tsp of thyme, dryed.
- Use 6 of black peppercorns or 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Provide 3 of whole garlic cloves.
- Take 1 of ENOUGH LOW SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH TO COVER ALL STOCK INGREDIENTS! IT WILL VARY DEPENDING ON SIZE OF ROAST.
- Use 1 of FOR SOUP.
- Use 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- You need 10 of button mushrooms, sliced.
- Take 2 of celery stalks, sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Take 2 clove of of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 of 28 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- Get 2 cup of bok choy, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Use 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- Take 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Use 1 cup of or more of leftover turkey or chicken meat, cubed, or sometimes I make little turkey or chicken meatballs and add them to the finished soup.
- Use 1 cup of cooked rice or pasta such as egg noodles, or what type you prefer, I used a wild rice blend this time..
- Take 2 cup of low sodium chicken broth.
Instructions to make Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken:
- FOR STOCK.
- Combine all stock ingredients in a large stockpot, being sure everthings covered with broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 to 3 hours, with a cover ajar to allow for broth to reduce somewhat..
- Strain stock through a fine strainer to a clean large bowl, discard solids..
- At this point you need to degrease stock, the simple way is to chill overnight and just remove and discard top layer of fat, or you can skim it off with a ladel if you do not want to wait..
- FOR SOUP.
- In a medium saucepan, melt a tablespoon butter, add mushrooms and soften add onions and garlic, carrots, celery tomaotes with the juice from the can, thyme, pepper, hot sauce, broth and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered untl vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile bring your strained stock to a simmer in a large stockpot, add cooked vegetables and all liquid left with them and combine and simmer add bok choy, the cooked rice or pasta and cubed cooked meat, heat through, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve hot!.
If you find this Turkey or Chicken Soup made from leftover Roast Turkey or Chicken recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.