Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a couple of small changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to stuffed peppers with beef and rice recipe. To make stuffed peppers with beef and rice you need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice:
- Provide of medium/large bell peppers (whatever color you prefer).
- You need of cooked white long grain rice.
- You need of butter.
- Take of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Get of onion, chopped.
- Provide of celery, chopped.
- Use of garlic, minced.
- Get of dried oregano.
- Get of dried basil.
- Provide of 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes.
- Use of 8 oz can of tomato sauce.
- Use of lean ground beef.
- Provide of egg.
- Use of worcestershire sauce.
- Provide of salt, divided.
- Prepare of black pepper, divided.
- Use of mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional).
- Take of favorite spaghetti sauce (optional).
Steps to make Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cut tops off of peppers and clean out seeds and membranes. Place in a large deep pot and cover with hot water. Add half of salt to water. Place on stove, bring up to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and place aside..
- Make rice according to directions on package.
- Place butter and olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add celery and onion. Saute until translucent (5 min). Add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce, basil, oregano, and half of pepper..
- Simmer tomato mixture for 10 minutes..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, cooked rice,egg, Worcestershire, rest of the salt and pepper, and minced garlic. Mix well..
- Add 1 cup of tomato mixture to meat mix. Stir to combine..
- Place peppers in a big enough deep pan. (I used a 9x13x2 inches) Spoon mixture into peppers, top with remaining tomato mixture..
- Place in oven for 45-55 minutes, if you would like add mozzarella cheese to the tops 20 min before finished..
- I added extra of my favorite spaghetti sauce to the bottom, cause I like lots of sauce!.
If you find this Stuffed Peppers with Beef and Rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.