Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest-style chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest-style chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Snack foods.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy snacks can help us feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Sometimes it’s hard to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Finding goodies that really help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Why not try one of many following wholesome snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
If you are looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be much healthier with whole grain chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain food items is always better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest-style chicken soup recipe. You can have southwest-style chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwest-style chicken soup:
- You need 2 of chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet onion, chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Get 1/4 tsp of chipotle powder.
- You need 1-28 oz of can diced tomatoes, including juice.
- Use 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Take 1-14 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get 1 cup of sweet corn kernels.
- Provide of Garnishes.
- You need of Cilantro, chopped.
- Take of Jalapeno pepper, chopped.
- Take of Avocado, sliced.
- Get of Sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You need of Lime wedges.
- Provide of Tortillas, crisped.
- Take of Cheddar cheese, grated.
Instructions to make Southwest-style chicken soup:
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2 cm strips. In a bowl, toss the chicken with the oregano, a good pinch of salt, several grinds of black pepper, and a glug of olive oil..
- Put a large nonstick pan on medium-high heat. Add the chicken and fry until no pink remains, about 3 minutes..
- Add the onion and garlic. Continue frying until the chicken and onion are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle on the spices. Toss to coat, then fry 2 minutes..
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and black beans. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the corn and simmer 1 more minute. Adjust the seasoning as required. Serve hot, with garnishes on the side..
If you find this Southwest-style chicken soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.