Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pemmican/ Jerky recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pemmican/ Jerky recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not essential to drastically modify your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pemmican/ jerky recipe. You can cook pemmican/ jerky using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pemmican/ Jerky:
- Provide 3 pounds of lean beef.
- Get As needed of salt.
- Use As needed of ground black pepper.
- Get As needed of metal skewers.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of melted bison tallow.
Steps to make Pemmican/ Jerky:
- Slice salt and pepper the beef. Slice this thinly. Cover all the pieces well. I put them into a ziploc bag and beat them thinner. This also incorporated the salt and pepper into the meat..
- Get your fire started. I used oak, pecan, and hickory wood. I built the fire on one end of the grill. This is to use indirect heat..
- Put the strips onto a skewer on one end of the strips. I have a vegetable griller pan, to place the skewers on. Remember that the skewers get hot also..
- When the meat is done, some may become charcoal lol, put into a bowl. Cook times very on thickness of meat and heat of the fire. This took about 2 hours start to finish. About 90 minutes was cook time..
- Get the tallow, melt it down. Not to lots of heat but like candle wax..
- Coat each piece well with the warm tallow..
- Put into a ziploc bag you can see where the tallow is cooling leaving a candle wax like residue, and making an airtight seal. This will keep for a very long time several months to years. You can also keep in a jar. I hope you enjoy!!!.
If you find this Pemmican/ Jerky recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.