Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Enhancing Snacks.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. A bit of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Finding snack foods that will help us feel better and boost our stamina often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks which you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you’re looking for a speedy snack, you can’t go wrong with a whole grain one. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be great for quick treats to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than refined grains found in white bread.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato sausage & cheese chowder recipe. You can cook potato sausage & cheese chowder using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- Provide 4 of med-large potatoes (red or russet).
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 1 of celery stalk chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove minced.
- Use 1 of jalapeno diced.
- Get 6 of strips bacon.
- Use 1 packages of cajun or kialbasa sausage.
- Provide 1/2 lb of cubed ham pieces.
- Provide 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Take 1 can of cream of chedder cheese soup.
- Take 1 can of kernel corn drained.
- Get 1 of salt, white pepper, garlic powder & cajun seasoning to taste.
- Use 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Use 1 pints of half and half.
- Provide 1 cup of pepper jack or mexican blend cheese.
- Take 1 cup of velveeta cheese.
- Use 1 of regular milk if needed to thin out chowder.
Instructions to make Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder:
- In large pot, brown chopped bacon till crispy, then remove to paper towel to drain..
- In same pot, keep the bacon grease and start to lightly brown sausage that is cut into 1/2 inch pieces then cut in half. Along with cubed ham..
- Once meat has cooked for a minute or two add in chopped up onion, celery and garlic and jalapeno. Saute with meat till veggies are tender. Add in diced potatoes and saute for a few minutes, this helps incorporate more flavor into the potato to me..
- Add in chicken broth and dried seasonings & can drained corn. Stir to incorporate. (If using red I like to leave skin on)Medium diced..
- If needed add some water or more chicken broth to cover potatoes then bring potatoes to a boil then lower to low and once potatoes are fork tender..
- Lower heat to lowest setting and add in half & half, soup,cheeses and simmer for about 20 minutes. Top with cooked bacon, shredded cheese and green onion. Serve hot.
- **SUBSTITUTES**–If you do not like spicy, you can leave out one or more the jalapeno, Cajun seasoning, and for sausage & cheese you can use mild sausage, I like kielbasa and for cheese you can do Mexican blend or any cheese you like over the pepper jack..
If you find this Potato Sausage & Cheese Chowder recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.