Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re incessantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably buy lots of food items out of habit. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic recipe. To cook chicken & jasmine rice soup with extra garlic you only need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- Provide of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of medium carrots peeled and cut into roughly 1/4" thick discs.
- Take of medium white or yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- Provide of large stems of celery (depending on how much you like celery flavor), chopped.
- You need of the white part of one leek, well washed and julienned.
- Get of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Use of thyme.
- Use of bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (you'll want at least half dark meat for fat and flavor).
- You need of water.
- Get of salt to start.
- Use of chopped parsley.
- Get of uncooked Jasmine rice.
Steps to make Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic:
- In a large pot, heat the oil to medium high. Add carrots, onions, celery, leeks, and garlic, and sauté about 4 minutes, or until onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add thyme, bay leaves, chicken, and water..
- Add salt and parsley and give it a few gentle stirs..
- Turn heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After 20 minutes, add Jasmine rice, turn heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If seasoning is to your liking, you can turn off the heat. If you need to adjust seasoning, adjust then simmer for another 5 minutes..
- That's it! Enjoy (and feel better!). :).
If you find this Chicken & Jasmine Rice Soup with Extra Garlic recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.