Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are many illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of modest changes.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming a lot of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To make chicken tortilla soup you need 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Provide 2 cup of Shredded Chicken.
- Provide 2 quart of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
- Use 15 oz of Can of Tomato Sauce.
- Use 15 oz of Black Beans.
- Prepare 15 oz of Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Onions.
- Take 1/2 cup of Diced Celery.
- Provide 2 clove of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Get 1/2 cup of Chopped Cilantro Leaves.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Use 1 tbsp of Ground Cumin.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Chopped Carrots.
- Get 1 tbsp of Chili Powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded Monterey Jack.
- Take 5 of Corn Tortillas.
- Get 1 of Sour Cream.
- Take 2 of Avocados.
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Preheat your soup pot on medium high. Add butter. Melt it down, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Stir down for 3 minutes..
- Add garlic and cilantro. Stir another minute..
- Add diced cooked chicken and spices. Stir another minute, coating the chicken with the spices..
- Add tomato sauce. Let thicken for a couple minutes, then add the broth or stock. Bring back to a rapid boil, then set heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes..
- While the soup is simmering, fry tortilla strips at 375°F for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Shred the cheese and slice the avocado..
- After 30 minutes, check the soup. Add up to 1 teaspoon of salt, to your taste..
- Garnish with tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and avocado wedges..
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.