Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily has many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. If you currently eat plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe. To make southwest beef 'n' bean soup you only need 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 6 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of celery, diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded or diced.
- Get 2 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 1 can of dark red kidney beans, drained (15 oz can).
- Provide 1 can of pinto beans, drained (29 oz can).
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (15 oz can).
- Get 5 of small potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Use 1 packages of frozen vegetables – country trio – carrots, green beans, and corn.
- Prepare 3 quart of beef stock.
- Get of salt.
- Provide of ground black pepper.
- Get 2 of bay leaf.
- Provide 3 tbsp of chili powder – use more for spicier soup.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cumin – adjust to taste.
- Take of tortilla chips (optional).
- You need of shredded cheddar jack cheese (optional).
Steps to make Southwest beef 'n' bean soup:
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat..
- When oil is hot (surface looks shimmery), add onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt. Some liquid will cook out of the celery; this is normal. Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally with a spatula, until the onion begins to turn translucent and the liquid has cooked off..
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until the garlic begins to brown. Remove skillet from heat. Transfer vegetables to a large soup pot..
- Break up ground beef into skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Return to heat..
- Scramble ground beef over medium high heat until browned..
- Transfer ground beef to a large plate or bowl lined with paper towels to remove excess grease. Pat top with a paper towel. Then transfer ground beef to soup pot with onion mixture..
- Add both cans of beans (drained), tomatoes (undrained), potatoes, and frozen vegetables to soup pot..
- Add beef stock to soup pot. (You can also substitute water and beef bullion for stock. Use 1 cube bullion per quart of water.) Add bay leaves and Worcestershire sauce..
- Bring soup to a boil over high heat, then turn heat down so that soup simmers but doesn't boil..
- While soup is simmering, add chili powder and cumin. Adjust seasoning (salt, chili powder, cumin, etc.) to taste. You might need more salt than you think because the potatoes absorb quite a bit while they cook..
- Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are tender and just starting to break down. (You can tell they are breaking down when the edges start to look rounded-off instead of sharp.) If you need to add water while the soup cooks, heat water to boiling in the microwave first and *carefully* add to the soup pot..
- Remove bay leaves before serving..
- If desired, crumble a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of a soup bowl and ladel soup over them. Top with shredded cheese. Enjoy!.
If you find this Southwest beef 'n' bean soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.