Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Making the decision to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to corned beef & cabbage recipe. You can cook corned beef & cabbage using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- Get 4-5 pound of corned beef brisket, packaged.
- Use 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 3-4 of whole allspice.
- Get 1 clove of garlic, unpeeled.
- Get 2-3 of whole cloves.
- Use 1 tsp. of mustard seed.
- Provide 1 tsp. of coriander seed (optional).
- Use Dash of cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Use 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of medium – large head of cabbage cut in 4 or 8 piece wedges.
- Use 1.5 pounds of new or red potatoes, quartered.
Steps to make Corned Beef & Cabbage:
- To prepare the cured corned beef, rinse it under cool water. Discard the seasoning packet, since this is not very fresh ingredients, and use your own!.
- Place the meat in a small deep roasting pan. Add all the spices and the sugar. Cover the meat with cold water and place a lid on top. Place it in a warming oven and set the temp at 325 degrees. Simmer for about 3 hours. *If using a crockpot, set at lower temp setting and cook a bit longer..
- Allow the meat to cool in the broth. Skim off the water surface and discard the seasonings in the pot..
- With 40 minutes left in the cooking time, prepare the cabbage. Drive a long toothpick into the center of each wedge. Place wedges in a large pot with about 2” of water and cover with a lid..
- Heat the water in the pot to a boiling temp then reduce to a medium heat. Keep covered and steam for about 20 minutes until it’s slightly soft..
- Boil potatoes in a separate pot until slightly soft, then drain. Place them in an oven pan, drizzle with oil, and bake for 30 minutes..
- Remove the meat to a cutting board and slice against the grain..
- Place the slices of beef on a plate with sliced wedges of cabbage and potatoes. Spoon the broth over the meat and vegetables..
- Serve with a variety of mustards or sour cream w/ horseradish sauce..
If you find this Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.