Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe. You can cook roast squash and sage soup – vegan using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Use of olive oil.
- Get of squash, peeled and cut into small chunks.
- You need of seasoning.
- Get of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Get of celery, chopped.
- Provide of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Take of ground ginger.
- Provide of sage leaves.
- Prepare of veggie / vegan stock.
- Take of (2 small servings) cooked grain eg giant couscous or freekeh.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Get of Pumpkin seeds – toasted if you like.
- Take of some grated vegan cheese or parmesan.
Steps to make Roast squash and sage soup – vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C..
- In a bowl mix the squash pieces with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season. Put the squash onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25 – 30 mins..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pot. Add the onions and celery and sauté for about 10 mins til they soften and start to become translucent..
- Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 mins..
- Chop 5 or 6 of the sage leaves and add those too..
- Add the roast squash and the stock. Season. Simmer for 5-10 mins. If you want, use a hand blender to make a smooth soup. I usually leave it with the vegetables chunky..
- Fry the remaining sage leaves in a splash of oil. Stir these through the cooked grain you’re using. Add a generous pinch of salt..
- Add the grain/ sage mix to the soup. Serve into bowls; sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and parmesan if using and enjoy 😋.
If you find this Roast squash and sage soup – vegan recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.