Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Healthy eating promotes a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A piece of pizza will not cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast healthy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run may be healthier with wholesome chips and crackers. Selecting whole grain food items is always far better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly come across in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) recipe. To make soto ayam (indonesian chicken soup) you need 27 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- You need 2 lbs of chicken thigh (boneless).
- Take 2 L (8 cups) of water.
- You need 4 of bay leaves.
- Use 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Use 2 of lemon grass (the white part only), bruised.
- Get 1 inch of dried galangal.
- Take 2 of celery stalks, chopped.
- Take 3 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Provide of Grind the following into spice paste :.
- You need 7 of shallots.
- Take 5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ginger powder.
- You need 2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Get 5 of candlenut.
- Prepare of Accompaniments and Garnishes :.
- You need Glass of noodle, soaked in hot boiling water until soft then drained.
- Use of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Cooked rice.
- Get of Homemade potato chips (optional).
- Use of Scallion stalk/chives, finely chopped.
- Take of Shrimp crackers, process in a food processor until they get powdery (optional).
- Use of Fried shallots (optional).
- Get 6 of hard boiled eggs.
Steps to make Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup):
- In a frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon of oil and stir fry the spice paste, bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass and galangal until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning..
- Turn the heat off. Transfer everything from the frying pan to a slow cooker. Add chicken, water, chopped celery, salt, sugar and white pepper. Set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Taste and adjust salt/pepper as needed..
- Take the chicken out and let them cool. Shred the meat..
- How to serve : Prepare bowls, add into each bowl some glass noodle, some shredded cabbage, some shredded chicken, 1 hard boil egg, garnish with some chopped scallion, fried shallots, potato chips and ground shrimp crackers. Pour in the soup. To make a more filling meal, it is common in Indonesia to serve Soto Ayam with a bowl of warm white rice. Sometimes I also add some fresh sliced tomatoes..
- I made sweet potato chips instead of potato chips. I sliced the sweet potatoes thinly using a 1 mm slicing blade in a food processor then soaked them in salt water for an hour then deep fried them. Do the same thing if you use potatoes..
If you find this Soto Ayam (Indonesian Chicken Soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.