Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to poorman’s beef burrito bowl recipe. You can cook poorman’s beef burrito bowl using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl:
- Prepare of Ground Beef.
- Prepare of Ground Beef 75/25.
- Use of Salt and Pepper.
- Take of taco seasoning.
- Take of Rice.
- Use of uncooked long grain white rice.
- Get of salt.
- You need of Black Beans.
- You need of cans black beans.
- Provide of cumin.
- Provide of garlic powder.
- Provide of smoked paprika.
- Provide of Salsa.
- You need of tomato, large.
- Prepare of lime, juice and zested.
- You need of onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare of jalapeño, minced.
- You need of cilantro, finely chopped.
- Prepare of Canned Hot Peppers, diced.
- Provide of Toppings.
- Use of shredded cheese (your choice).
- You need of Sour Cream.
Steps to make Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl:
- Add the rice, salt, and 3 cups water to a medium sauce pot. Place a lid on top, turn the heat on to high, and allow the water to come up to a full boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit, with the lid in place, for an additional five minutes. Fluff just before serving..
- While the rice is cooking, make the beans. Add both cans of black beans (undrained) to a small sauce pot, along with the cumin, and garlic powder. Heat over medium, stirring often, until heated through..
- Dice the tomato and hot peppers, mince jalapeño and onions. Mix in a bowl while squeezing lime juice and zest together. Set aside..
- In a skillet under medium high heat brown the meat season with salt and pepper. Once browned, reduce heat to low and drain most of the grease. Return to skillet and add taco seasoning with some of the remaining grease and mix in well..
- Place rice in bowl, and add toppings. Serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.