Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Treats.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of processed foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging if it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. Eating on the run may be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products such as white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to barley stew w/smoked chicken sausage recipe. To make barley stew w/smoked chicken sausage you need 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage:
- Provide 1 cup of Barley.
- Take 1 large of chicken, roasted garlic, & gruyere cheese smoked sausage (I used Aidells).
- You need 2 of 18.5 oz cans of vegetable soup (I used Progresso Vegetable Classics – Garden Vegetable).
- Provide 1 pinch of sea salt to taste.
- Get 1 pinch of ground black pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper to taste.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
Steps to make Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage:
- Rinse barley under cold water..
- Place rinsed barley in a 3 quart pot with 4 cups of cold water, a splash of EVOO, the bay leaf, and a pinch of sea salt..
- Cover & bring to a rolling boil. Reduce to medium heat. Watch to make sure it doesn't boil over. Cook for 30 mins, no peeking..
- While the barley is cooking, cut the sausage into 1/4 inch pieces..
- Remove the barley from the heat and stir, making sure to gently scrape the bottom. Most of the water should be gone. If not, drain off most of what's left, but don't trip if there is still a small amount in the bottom of the pan..
- Add 2 cans of the vegetable soup, cut sausage, sea salt, ground black pepper, ground mustard, & cayenne pepper. Stir to combine..
- Place back on high heat and stir until it starts to bubble. Immediately reduce heat to medium, cover again, and cook for another 15 mins..
- Take off of heat, stir, put in a bowl and serve with a nice piece of crusty bread with butter or pesto… Enjoy!.
If you find this Barley Stew w/Smoked Chicken Sausage recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.