Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing some simple changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than totally changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. To cook wholesome chicken soup you only need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- You need 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Prepare 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Get 1 of large onion, quartered.
- Provide 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Use 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 of peppercorns.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Get dash of dried ginger powder.
- Take 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Get 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- Take 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Use to taste of Pepper.
- Get of Sour cream to serve.
Steps to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.