Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
We are all aware that eating healthy snacks can help us truly feel better in our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for treats between meals. Finding snacks that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt can be a snack many individuals neglect. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. Low fat yogurt would make a amazing snack, nonetheless. It contains tons of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive tract work properly depending upon the culture used to create it. Quick hint: pick unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without lowering the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. You can cook wholesome chicken soup using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- You need 1.5 lbs of chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned.
- Use 5 of whole peeled cloves garlic.
- Use 1 of large onion, quartered.
- You need 2 of carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- You need 2 of celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 of whole shiitake mushrooms.
- Take 5 of peppercorns.
- Take 4 of bay leaves.
- Take dash of dried ginger powder.
- Use 2 of carrots cut into centimeter cubes.
- Provide 2 of celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcestershire.
- Use 1 tsp of Chinese rice wine.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Get to taste of Pepper.
- Take of Sour cream to serve.
Steps to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge)..
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil..
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins..
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan..
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan..
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem)..
- Here I also add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter..
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper..
- Serve with dollop of sour cream..
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.